Learning how to remodel a kitchen is a ritual for many homeowners, considering it to be the most popular home remodeling project after moving to San Antonio. As with any repairs, when remodeling your kitchen, you must take essential steps that require careful planning and a lot of patience. However, remodeling the kitchen with your own hands is not necessarily difficult. We will tell you which parts of remodeling can finish any homeowner. As well as when to seek professional help to ensure a successful and effective restructuring of the kitchen.
6 easy steps of remodeling your kitchen
1. Collect ideas for your kitchenThe first step in the kitchen renovation is the easiest - decide what you want. Start your search for inspiration by browsing your favorite Pinterest bulletin boards and home improvement websites. And then save ideas in a folder or bulletin board when you search for help to develop your own remodeling plans. Viewing a wide range of layouts and designs helps determine the textures and materials you want in your new kitchen. You should also consider how your kitchen will be used. And whether your new design will fit into the existing layout. If you have some (realistic) ideas, draw a general plan of renovating the kitchen. Your main focus should be finding out the layout of the room. An important step in the design process is determining how far apart your cabinets will be, where your kitchen island will be located, where the appliances and other logistic details will go, as well as how you are going to decorate this part of your home. Knowing the exact layout also gives potential contractors an idea of the scope of the work.
2. Create a budget and timeline for the kitchen remodelingOnce you understand what your dream kitchen will look like, it's time to determine how much it will cost. Do a little research to find a reliable basis for the budget of remodeling your kitchen. Although it is difficult to determine exactly how much it will cost to repair a kitchen at this early stage, setting a budget top will allow you to start communicating with professionals. And if you are preparing your house for sale, you can set a bit higher budget since it is going to pay off in the end. You should also have a general idea of how long it will take to reconstruct your kitchen. So you can prepare for a large project that you are doing. Although deadlines vary depending on a number of factors, such as the size of your kitchen, the amount of work you are doing, and any contractors you may work with, experts believe that kitchen renovation can take from one to three months.
3. Call professionalsLike you would call movers Seguin TX in case of moving, you also need professionals here. There is a professional for almost every aspect of re-making a large kitchen. From granite countertops to custom-made kitchen cabinets and managing the entire project. Your task is to use your friends, colleagues and good old research to find the best specialists for the realization of your unique developments. A good place to start is to visit the big stores and showrooms to check every material available to you. And, possibly, get a few recommendations along the way. Assuming that you have not contacted the licensed contractor yet, you should do this after the budget, layout, and overall design are finally determined. A good rule of thumb is to get at least three different estimates, which include schedules for completion. Do a detour with every potential contractor to look at all aspects of kitchen rework and see if you need to add or subtract from your budget. Not anticipating problems that may arise, and not keeping contractors at work — these are the most common mistakes that homeowners make during kitchen remodeling. People are often afraid to tell others what they expect because they do not want to seem rude. But if your contractor, for example, is late, you should call them and not wait patiently. However, even if you are aiming for an inexpensive DIY kitchen renovation, you should never take a low rate when hiring help for repairs. Low ratings indicate that the contractor may desperately need work and plans to use poor quality materials.
4. Get ready, it's a day of demolitionThe documents are carefully checked and approved, the project is completed. And the team you hired to help is ready to begin to destroy the kitchen. Some homeowners may choose to leave their home as soon as they demolish the kitchen. But others will prefer to stay in the house. If you decide to do this, there are some things you need to plan ahead:
- Set up a temporary kitchen in another room at home
- Make sure you have a place to cook small dishes
- Take with you only the most necessary appliances for cooking
- Use a mini fridge to store perishable food
- Fill your pantry with paper plates, plastic cutlery, and cups
- Keep on hand non-perishable foods such as peanut butter, crackers, and snack bars
5. Putting it all together: rework the steps of remodeling your kitchenWhen you are ready to assemble the renovated kitchen together, we recommend the following procedure to complete the repair:
- Set up plumbing and electrics
- Paint and install new flooring
- Install kitchen cabinets
- Install countertops and protective panel
- Place the appliances and fasten them