Guide to moving from Austin to San Antonio?
After the Relocation - August 6, 2020
Moving is always difficult, no matter if you are moving a few blocks away or to another city, state, or continent. You will have a lot of planning and work to do. You will make it somehow to pack your inventory by yourself but relocating the items should be let to the professionals. So, contact your movers in Austin, TX to make that your moving from Austin to San Antonio goes smooth and easy. The key to successful moving is to make a plan and stick to it.
Get to know your new city
Before choosing an apartment, do your research of the city you are about to move to. It is important to get to know its surroundings, public transportation, markets, schools, job opportunities.
San Antonio is the second-largest city in Texas and is one of the top five fastest-growing cities in the country. San Antonio was named by a 1691 Spanish expedition for the Portuguese priest San Anthony of Padua. There are lots of reasons you should move to San Antonio. Not having to pay a state income tax is one of the major reasons why many are relocating here. Also, a lot of job opportunities is one of the reasons.
San Antonio has an unemployment rate below the national average and the state average too. The Alamo City is attractive to many active and retired military personnel and is offering various health, schooling, and work programs. San Antonio is a tourist destination that creates thousands of tourism and leisure jobs.
Summers in San Antonio tend to be hot, the winter weather is mild, and springs can be wet with frequent rains. If you’re terrified of tornadoes or have chronic problems such are seasonal allergies, San Antonio may not be right for you.
Living in San Antonio
- Life in San Antonio offers you a lot. You can always find something to do or see whether you are a sports fan, festival lover, or a quiet family person.
- If you are a nature lover, you can enjoy in Brackenridge Park, an incredible park found in 1899. You can visit the San Antonio Zoo or a lot of different amusement parks. Visit Seaworld or Six flags Fiesta Texas with the amazing waterslides, and you can have breakfast with Shamu at Sea World. Explore the spectacular wonders of the underground chambers of one of the premier show caves in the world, Natural Bridge Caverns.
- If you are a festival lover, there is something for you. Fiesta San Antonio is an annual seven-day event that started in 1891. You will enjoy seven exciting days of music, food, and Mexican arts and culture. Then there is the Texas Folklife Festival and Diwali, the festival of Lights. Diwali is the Hindu festival that celebrates the triumph of good over evil.
- You can enjoy in San Antonio with all your senses, you can find here a wide range of restaurants. The food is delicious. In San Antonio, like other parts of Texas, you can expect to find some of the best Tex-Mex. Consider that when relocating from Austin to San Antonio.
- Also, you can find here a lot of historical places to visit. Some of those places are The Alamo, The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center, and The San Fernando Cathedral. Now it is the questions if you are curious enough to find out what do they represent.
- San Antonio has 29 universities and colleges, that are educating more than 100,000 students a year. Some of the popular Universities are the University of Texas at San Antonio and Texas A&M University-San Antonio.
Think about traffic moving from Austin to San Antonio
The traffic can be a headache due to rapid growth and insufficient existing infrastructure. In spite of that San Antonio is not nearly as congested as cities like Houston and Dallas are. Here, you can use cars, bikes or public transportation. San Antonio has also an airport. It is small and limited but if you need to travel for work interstate, for example, you have that option too.
Find an apartment
Buying a home in San Antonio is affordable unless you are downtown. That is an important fact if you are moving from Austin to San Antonio. Neighborhoods in San Antonio are various. From old homes and eclectic mix of the very expensive houses in the north of the downtown to some modern buildings, boutiques, shops, and bars in Stone Oak and Downtown areas like Pearl Brewery District and the River Walk. Choose the neighborhood according to your needs and budget. Knowing that you can find affordable places to live makes your search easier. Keep your eyes wide open when choosing your new home. Check the doors, windows, run the faucets, open kitchen cabinets. If you do that in the beginning it will save you a lot of money later.
Time to pack for moving from Austin to San Antonio
The decision is made. So it is time for packing. That is a lot of work, but you can handle it if you have proper packing supplies and appropriate tools. Make sure you get some cardboard boxes, bubble bags, duct tape, rope, scissors, and a dolly. But to save you some time and nerves, call your movers for help. Evolution Moving Company can provide you with different kinds of services and prevent the stress caused by moving.
Find a moving company
The last but not the least: finding a reliable moving company is essential to have a safe relocation. Do the research on the internet and find the best movers in San Antonio, to help you with moving from Austin to San Antonio. It is really important to find a company that will help you with all the preparation work and makes your moving easier. Choose your movers wisely.