Americans are moving by millions each year. Understandably with such a volume of relocation out there on the field, you are sure to have a few moving mishaps. Some are simply caused by the game of chance and some are due to incompetent movers. It happens rarely, but it can happen to anyone. And when it does, you should know how to file a moving damages claim. Today we will teach you how to do it right and ensure you have a safe moving to San Antonio. Let’s take a look.
You can prevent unpleasant situations if you find a reliable moving companyBefore we even begin covering this unpleasant topic, we must tell you that you can prevent and avoid any unpleasantries. Simply by hiring one of the reliable and trusted moving companies San Antonio. But how to be certain movers you have found are the right choice? The answer is – you can never be. The only thing you can do is to research your movers and use are sources available to confirm their legitimacy. And if you can obtain referrals that would be great as well. Hence, check if your movers are accredited on one of the moving-related websites, if they have a physical address, contact info, licenses, permits, tools, equipment, all needed moving services New Braunfels, etc. Dig as much info you can through moving reviews and social media before you give them a call. To file a moving damages claim is easy but why do it in the first place when you can prevent damages completely.
What is the reason for making claims against movers?You can file a moving damages claim for numerous situations. It does not have to be a broken item or poor furniture handling. There are quite a few examples when you as a customer can legitimately pursue reimbursement. Take a look at the following:
- Misplacement – Your movers can lose an item or two. This is an obvious reason to file a claim against your movers.
- Missed delivery – If your movers miss a date or time for pickup or delivery, it is yet another reason to file a claim.
- Scams – This topic is huge and there are hundreds of different moving scams out there. But it all comes to one thing. You paid for the service and you got something else in the end, or even worse, you never got the work done at all.
- Slow movers – This example is very common and you should pay attention to it. Movers can prolong the packing, loading, transporting, and delivering so they can charge for the extra hours.
- Unexpected costs – Of course, there are always additional costs and unexpected charges.