How to recognize fraudulent movers
Whether you are planning a local or a long-distance relocation, you should know how to spot and recognize fraudulent movers. If you don’t have much experience with hiring a good moving company, keep reading. The following guide might help you distinguish the signs of a good and bad moving company before making your final decision.
What to look for in a good moving company?With so many moving companies near our homes, it’s not always easy to distinguish good from bad ones. If you are looking for reliable moving companies, you should know how to recognize fraudulent movers. Unlike moving frauds, trustworthy movers have some qualities you can recognize easily. Take a look at the most important factors you should pay attention to:
- Reliable movers should have a license. If you can’t find any reliable information about a certain moving company, don’t hire them. There are easy ways to check if the company has a license, like checking the websites like BBB.
- Your movers should have the experience to handle your relocation. If you are moving specialty items or expensive furniture pieces, you should be able to leave your inventory in safe hands.
- Your moving day should be something to talk about in detail. In order to recognize fraudulent movers, you should see how they communicate. Your moving company should listen to all the details regarding your relocation.
- Compare the moving quote and the overall moving costs. These days, it’s easy to calculate your moving costs online. After you find out the approximate price of your move, don’t let the moving company offer you an unrealistic moving quote.
- Make sure your movers have the right equipment. Packing materials and other moving supplies should be a part of a reliable moving service.
How to recognize fraudulent movers?No matter how far you plan to move, you will need to recognize fraudulent movers on time. It’s always better to learn from someone else’s mistakes than to be a part of the moving scam. If you are not sure how to recognize fraudulent movers, here are some useful hints:
- Fraudulent movers will hide information from you. Before signing the contract with a moving company, make sure to double-check all the items. Fraudulent movers often hide some additional fees and costs before the moving process is over.
- Unreliable moving companies don’t keep their promises. If you agreed upon a certain type of moving service, your movers should honor the deal.
- Bad reviews and poor online presence are not a good sign. Good words can come a long way, but the bad ones – even further. Make sure to check all the available information about your movers before hiring them.
- Fraudulent movers only care about taking money from you. If you have the feeling that a moving company’s representative only speaks about additional moving costs, be careful. Reliable movers should care about your time, your moving budget and the nature of your move.