People move all the time. They are looking for a better life and better opportunities for their kids. Leander in Texas is a place that can give you all that. Award-winning school districts and a big demand for business. The location is not so big (53.700 people), so you don't need to worry about traffic jams, noise, and pollution. When you're moving to Leander, you need to take care of 2 things. How to prepare and get ready for moving without stress, and what to expect after the move. The solution for the first one is easy. Movers! Moving companies in Texas are the right thing when you want to relocate to Leander. Their experience will make your moving day easier. All you have to do is prepare a budget for moving, and see what kind of services you need from movers. And when it comes to expectations, check out this guide.
Explore Leander before the moveBefore you start preparing for the move, there are some things you should know about this place. Knowing these important facts will be the key to making the final decision. Do not forget that is different when you live in a certain place and when you visit it for a day or two. Most important things you need to know about this place before you hire one of the best movers Austin has:
- Costs of living
- Job market
- Activities for you and your family
- The commute
Costs of living in LeanderThe average cost of living in Leander is $2250. This makes Leander one of the most expensive places in Texas. However, you do not have to worry about that. There are places and neighborhoods that have some great housing options. The job market, something we will talk about later is on a high level. To make it closer to you, the costs of living here are next:
- If you are not paying for rent, you can save up to $1800. This is an indicator that you should look to invest in here.
- Rent and utilities are around $700.
- If you are using public transportation you will need around $80 every month
- The Median after-tax salary will be around $6000. This should be enough for you to cover expenses for living for almost 3 months.
Things you need to know about education when you are moving to LeanderThe priority for parents moving here is whether they will find great schools. If you are relocating with your family, you should explore and find out everything you can about the schools you will find here. From elementary to college. There are good if not the best school you can find. And a few of them is really something you should focus on:
- Crystal Cove School
- Travisso School
- Austin Community College
Job marketIf you have found the best job opportunity, it is a really good reason for the relocation. Leander has a strong job market and the reason for this is simple. People love and care about local and small family businesses. You will be able to start your own company here and have full support from the rest of the residents. And as we have mentioned, young professionals and young people with zero experience will be able to find their spot here. If the opportunity for the job you have always wanted comes up you should not miss it. Once you have found the position you were looking for, you should contact the local movers Austin is offering and prepare for the relocation. Believe in our dreams and keep digging. You will be surprised how much this place can offer you.
Things to doLeander is a place that will welcome everyone. People of all ages will be able to find something interesting to do around here. When it comes to the parks and recreations people like in Leander, you should explore these places:
- Crystal Falls Golf Course
- Robin Bledsoe Park and Pool
- Watch movies in the Park and Leander Bluegrass Festival
- Be part of the Leander Youth Soccer program and
- The Little League Baseball program
- Hiking and biking,
- Ride on the longest zipline in Texas.
- Pedernales Falls State Park
- Balcones Canyon Lands National Wildlife Refuge
- Longhorn Cavern State Park
- McKinney Falls State Park
The commute is one of the biggest reasons people consider moving to LeanderIf you move to Leander, you will have easy access to Austin. This means that looking for job offers in Austin and living in Leader is possible. You will not have to waste too much time in traffic and traveling from home to work and reverse. There are a few ways you can get to Austin and any other major city. If you travel by your car, you will be able to arrive in Austin in less than 30 minutes. There is an option of using Capital Metros Train and 183-A Toll. The monthly tickets are affordable. As we have mentioned, you will need around 80 dollars per month to use public transportation. Of course, there is always a solution to flying. The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) is just 45 minutes away from Leander.
Prepare yourself when moving to Leander
- Properly box your things - If you don't like this, and it is making you a headache, you can pay movers to do the whole thing. Packing, moving, unpacking... everything
- Make a plan for children and pets - This is important so you could focus on moving without obstacles
- Make sure all the furniture will go through the door - This can become a massive problem if you don't measure everything. If you can disassemble furniture into smaller pieces, do it. It will be easier for your movers and you. Plus, it will be easier to clean it before packing.
- Make a parking spot for movers - Movers have their trucks that must be parked somewhere while they put things in them. It should be near the house if you don't have your personal parking spot where they could park.