Pros and cons of reusable moving boxes
Packing Tips - December 24, 2020
When you think about moving, you think right away about packing your stuff. Should you go with reusable moving boxes, or buy new moving boxes? Moving can be very stressful, no matter if you are moving to another state, or just a couple of blocks away. If you are relocating to Texas, you can find a lot of companies that will help you. It all depends if you want to do it on your own, or hire professionals for the job. Here are some tips and tricks about the pros and cons of reusable moving boxes.
Packing on your own or choosing the professionals
It all depends on your personal preference, time, and budget! Both can be challenging! If you want to do it on your own, preparation is the key! And this will also probably the best time to sort out your belongings. And choose which items should you take with you to your new home. For all your unwanted items, there are several options you can choose from. You can sell them online, donate them to charity organizations. Or even organize a yard sale! It is up to you. A lot of moving companies offer packing services! You can always check it out on the moving company’s webpage.
In case you don’t have the time to do it on your own, you can always hire professionals. And they will help you with your relocation. Residence recommends long-distance movers Texas has to offer. Make sure to check and compare at least 5 moving companies. That way you will have a better overview. There are some key things you should pay attention to when choosing the right company for you. Information on the company’s web page, company address, and license number. Check the address of your potential movers. To be sure that they really exist. Fraudulent companies use the license of existing ones! Pay attention to that especially!
Reusable moving boxes – Cardboard boxes
Packing is one of the important things when you are about to relocate! It needs a lot of planning and patience and of course moving boxes! Do your prep work, to ease up the whole relocation process. Reusable cardboard boxes have their advantages and disadvantages. The biggest pros are that they are very cost-efficient and almost available everywhere. You don’t need a lot of money to get enough cardboard boxes to fit all your things. If you compare the price of plastic bins vs cardboard boxes, we see that the boxes have a much lower price. Cardboard boxes are available everywhere which is also an important advantage.
When you relocate you can recycle them! Once you finish your move, you can give your boxes away for recycling. You can help save the planet and get rid of your junk. You can use them to make some home improvements. And, you can still recycle the boxes after they are done.
Cardboard boxes are much easier to write on since they are basically paper. Apart from this, once you label them, you can throw them away or recycle them when you don’t need them anymore. Labeling your boxes will help you sort out your belongings, and it is crucial for smoother and easier relocation. Once you move into your new home, you can unpack much faster! Knowing the content of each box that you have labeled.
The cons of cardboard boxes are that it breaks down easily. They are not the strongest protection against water! Apart from this, boxes can’t protect your items very well. Some items are fragile, and we must move them with extra care. It’s not enough to protect a vase with just a piece of cardboard, you’ll need more than that.
As cardboard boxes, they have their pros and cons when it comes to moving. You can check the pros on the list below.
- More durable – Being made up of recycled plastics, reusable plastic boxes are built to be much sturdier and safer compared to cardboard boxes. They are used by moving companies because they can be easily moved from one place to another and don’t get broken in the process like cardboard boxes.
- Water-resistant – If you want to move or to deposit documents and electronics safely, you have to use reusable plastic boxes because they will not be affected by water or moisture.
- You can use them over and over again – Once you pack and unpack, you can reuse them numerous times!
- Reusable moving boxes are space-efficient – You can easily fold and stack your reusable plastic boxes to store them in a very practical and safe way. And they don’t take much space!
- More practical than cardboard boxes – Plastic boxes seal tightly, so they don’t need a cover or tape to be sealed for transportation. These boxes use ready seals to open and pack stuff repeatedly.
- Easy to use – They are available in different shapes and sizes and are easy to use.
- Very convenient – There are many moving companies that provide a moving kit, and once you purchase the kit, the plastic containers rental companies will provide you free pick-up and delivery services.
When it comes to cons there are a few. They are much more expensive than cardboard boxes. Most plastic boxes are made from the type of plastic that takes a long time to break down. That’s why they’re so efficient in storage. However, this means that they are much worse for our planet if we throw them away without recycling them first.
It’s up to you which moving boxes you will choose
Reusable moving boxes are always a good choice! No matter if you choose cardboard or plastic. Both have pros and cons, and both will get your job done! So it all comes to your needs, preferences, and of course, budget!