Christmas decorations are something exceptional. But they are also too fragile to be handled, packaged and stored just like any other household items. And when it comes time to move the seasonal decorations to another house, the delicate task of packing Christmas decor is nothing more than a test.
How to do packing Christmas decor for the move?In fact, you can ask yourself this question if you plan to move to a new home soon after a holiday has ended. Or, if you need to repackage the festive decorations already stored, simply because after the last holiday season is over, you did not even think about packing them in such a way that they survive in the residential movement. Here are some practical tips on packing Christmas decor that will help you keep the holiday spirit even after your long-distance move.
Get the right packaging for your Christmas decorations
- Original packaging. The best way to keep your holiday decorations on the road is to pack them in the initial packaging in which you bought them. It is no secret that the original packaging provides the best protection. Not only for your precious Christmas decorations, but also for any other fragile household item that you have. That is why the original packaging should always be on your list of moving supplies.
- Carton boxes. You do not have to worry if you don’t keep the original storage containers, as there are always good options when it comes to packing fragile items. Look for small and medium-sized cardboard boxes in good condition, make sure they are durable, clean and dry. Shoe boxes are never a bad choice. But the best option for this is still - boxes with individual cardboard dividers for each decoration.
- Plastic bins. Plastic containers are ideal when it comes to packing Christmas decor when moving homes. Especially if they have dividers, like some liquor boxes. The strength of plastic boxes ensures that your valuable decorations will not be broken during the move.
- Unusual moving containers. Be creative when looking for practical ways to pack Christmas decorations. Christmas cookie jars can be extremely useful for storing small decorative objects. While egg cartons will keep your individual Christmas balls in their compartments.
- Protective wrapping. Bubble wrapping will be indispensable as you are packing Christmas decor to move the house. So make sure you get more air-filled plastic sheets than you think. You can always pack other fragile items in your home with the leftovers.