Hiring professional movers has many advantages. To benefit from this move, it is important to be ready and prepare your home before the movers arrive. Here is a quick checklist for the morning of the move to make sure that you are ready for affordable movers New Braunfels to do the hard work for you.
Sort your things and decide their fate before the movers arriveDecluttering before moving and organizing your belongings is a task that you should complete a month or two before the day of the move. So that you have enough time to sell or donate unnecessary things before the move. Making last-minute decisions about the fate of your property will not only lead to confusion and frustration on the day of the move but also delay your move and increase the final cost of the relocation. Therefore, we strongly advise you to sort out your things and decide what to do with them in advance:
- Throw away damaged and worn items that you can never use again;
- Make a donation pile of things in good condition that you no longer need or like;
- Set aside more interesting things that you can sell on Craigslist to put extra money in your pocket.
Separate items professional movers cannot transportBy law, there are some things that professional movers cannot transport. From hazardous materials to certain types of plants and some others, this is what you want to know about. As soon as you learn about the items that you need to move yourself, you should separate them from other content. And there are also some items you should throw away before the move, so make sure to separate them, too.
Make a detailed inventory of items that you are going to entrust to moversAs soon as you decide that you are going to move to your new home, create a detailed list of the inventory of items that you intend to entrust to the movers:
- Record all important information about each individual item that will be in a moving truck. Type, number of items of the same type, material, brand, serial number, estimated cost, or any other distinctive signs depending on the situation;
- Indicate the current state of the object - describe in detail the actual state of the object and record all the previously existing damage;
- Include photographs of the item (taken shortly before the move) and all relevant documentation (warranties, service receipts, certificates of authenticity, evaluation statements, etc.).
Label your boxes before the movers arriveThe next thing you should do is label your moving boxes if you have not done so already. You should do this during the packing process to ensure that you organized everything properly. It also allows movers to place boxes in the appropriate rooms once in a new house.
Protect your homeSo, you have planned all the details, have done everything possible to facilitate the process of moving to Austin, and have prepared your goods for shipment. Now, how to prepare your house for the movers so that it remains in good condition after the chaotic day of the move?
- Cover floors and carpets with tarpaulin, old sheets or blankets, large pieces of cardboard or any other suitable protective materials. This will not only protect the floor from damage and dirt. But also improve the grip of your movers with heavy furniture. Consider the use of specialized protective films for carpets or plywood sheets for more expensive carpets and better floor finishes;
- Place mats in front of the entrance to your home to prevent dirt from entering;
- If it is raining or snowing outside, put old floor mats on doors and corridors to avoid rainwater, snow, and dirt on the floor;
- Cover the stairs with protective, non-slip materials;
- Wrap the railing with moving blankets or other thick fabrics;
- Cover the walls with old sheets;
- Use wall corner rails and stair rails to prevent dents or chipped corners;
- Protect the doorframes with foam before the movers arrive.