Tips for packing bike touring equipment
Packing Tips - July 19, 2021
It is not always easy to organize your relocation. Especially when it comes to packing bike touring equipment. There are many things you need to have in mind when doing this. Especially if you want to move safely. This is important to remember if you wish to move your biking equipment safely. That is why we, movers Texas, are here to help you move. With our guide, you will be able to organize your relocation without having any issues at all. Here is what you need to do.
Think about the type of biking you are doing before packing bike touring equipment
Now, there is one thing you need to do before you head out to pack your bike equipment. And that is to think about what type of biking you are planning. The style of your tour will influence how much and what kind of gear you will have to pack and bring. So, these are several types of bike touring you need to know more about:
- Self-supported touring is the type of touring where you will camp and cook your food. When it comes to the backpacking equipment you will bring, you will need a sleeping bag, tent, sleeping pad, stove, fuel, and some cookware. Don’t forget to bring clothes, food, and toiletries that you will need. Now, this is not something that you can just pack however you want, you need 4 panniers. Place them 2 in the back and 2 in the front.
- There is a thing called credit card touring. That means that you will buy meals on the way instead of cooking them yourself. Also, you will be spending your nights in the hotels and motels. This means that you will pack only the necessary items that will help you along the way.
- Using vehicles – Did you know that some of the bikers are using vehicles to support their hobbies. That means that you will drive a car while your bike is loaded on it. IT will significantly help you travel some distances, as well as let you enjoy the parts you want to bike.
- Organizes biking tours – There is little to be said about this. It is a commercially organized tour that will provide you with enough support to get through it.
These are the types of biking tours you need to know more about. Once you figure out what type you will be using, then you can organize your biking tour. If you are moving before going biking, then you would want to have help from some reliable local movers Texas. They will move your equipment with ease so you won’t have to worry about its safety.
Panniers are excellent solutions when you need some storage for biking. These are excellent bags that have enough room where you can put your items. And most importantly, you can easily put them on and off. Most importantly, many panniers are waterproof, so there is no worrying about having wet items. You can easily ride your bike during rain as well. Most importantly, you would want to spend some time focusing and planning your biking. And you can’t do this if you have to plan your relocation as well. That is when movers Kyle TX can help you with your move. You can focus on your biking while they are handling your relocation.
The most important thing to remember when packing your panniers is how to distribute the weight? This is something that revolves around the balance on your bike and your safety. It will be a good idea to follow this guide in order to avoid any possible injuries and issues.
Packing rear panniers
The rear panniers are mean for trips that are lasting more than usual. There you will put important gear, food, and other items. But, don’t forget about the weight distribution. As we mentioned before, depending on what kind of biking tour you are planning, you will have to pack different items. So, here are the items you should pack:
- Extra clothing
- Backpacking stove if you are camping
- Cook sets you will use
- Extra food for meals
Remember that rear pannier are not easy to access. That means that you should put items that you won’t need immediately when biking. Because in order to access them you will have to get off the bike entirely. That is why here you will put belongings that you will use when you stop biking. But, it is the same with relocating. If you know how to properly pack for the move, you will have an easier time when relocating. It will always be easier to be prepared for the move.
Packing the front panniers
As we mentioned before, you will here pack items that you will use more often when biking. Here you need to place items such as:
- Snacks you will eat during the road
- First aid kit for unfortunate accidents
- Tools for bike repairs. You will use them in case you have to fix the flat bike tire.
- Raingear in case of rain and downpour
As you can see these are the items you need to puck in the front panniers. It will make your biking a lot easier, and you won’t have to worry about anything while biking.
Now you know how to prepare when packing bike touring equipment. It will surely help you avoid any issues when going on your bike trip. And if you have any additional questions, you can give us a call, and we will get back to you ASAP.