Moving to Dallas – the best decision ever!
Texas Housing - May 1, 2020
If you are looking for a good city to settle in and start a new life, Dallas TX could be a perfect choice. In case you have to move here for personal or professional reasons, don’t let the fact that you don’t have a choice to put the relocation in a negative context. This is a wonderful place and moving to Dallas could turn out to be the best decision you have ever made. So, pack your bags, hire the best movers you can find, and have an amazing moving day.
Reasons why Dallas is a popular place to live
Dallas relocation is a great choice since it’s one of the most amazing places you can live in. There is just so much content you will be able to see something new every week for a long time. Making new friends is easy here as well, so relax and you will have the most amazing time right here. You will really enjoy your Dallas relocation.
Booming job market
Dallas is one of the best cities for doing business and building a career. Business owners starting a new business find this city very affordable. Career opportunities are also abundant for those who are not interested in owning a company. Dallas had the country’s second-highest job growth rate in 2017. and the trend is likely to continue. Furthermore, it has the third-highest salaries in the country, compared to living costs, with an average salary of around $60,000. This is happening thanks to the massive corporations that have chosen Dallas and its surroundings for their headquarters. So, your experience with relocating to Texas will be great if you give it a try.
Top employers in and around Dallas
AMR Corporation (American Airlines) which employs 25,000 people, has its headquarters in the neighboring city of Fort Worth. Other massive companies headquartered in Dallas include JCPenney, Dallas Southwest Airlines, Kronos, ExxonMobil, AT&T, and Fossil. In addition, the biggest employers include Bank of America, The Dallas Independent School District, Texas Health Resources, Inc., and Baylor Healthcare System.
Nice neighborhoods to live in once you decide you will be moving to Dallas
These are some of the coolest areas to consider:
- In Central Dallas, you’ll have access to the newest businesses and restaurants in town, great nightlife, and shopping. Living here means being within walking distance of Dallas’ transportation system, called D-link buses. And that means free transportation around Central Dallas neighborhoods Monday-Saturday.
- East Dallas is the right choice for outdoor types. Its neighborhoods are close to White Rock Lake. The lake area is perfect for swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking, and picnicking. It’s one of the biggest pros of relocating to Dallas.
- The Park Cities area boasts some of the best shopping, dining, and attractions in Texas. This is a high-end neighborhood with the most luxurious real estate in the city.
Texas’ best moving companies serve all parts of Dallas. Once you find your new address, they will be ready to relocate your belongings. All you need to do is pick your perfect new home and everything will be done in no time.
Plenty of cultural activities
Dallas’ job market is not the only thing that’s booming. The cultural scene is also diverse and vibrant. There are lots of places to find entertainment in Dallas. Let’s name a few:
- Music venues such as Club Dada, Prophet Bar, Trees, and the South Side Music Hall feature local and national pop and indie performances.
- Dallas Museum of Art (DMA), one of the country’s largest art museums, located in downtown Dallas, is among the leading American art institutions.
- The AT&T Performing Arts Center offers an abundant supply of goods of opera, music, theater, and dance.
So, there is always something to do and something to see in Dallas. That is why it’s the favorite city of many. Your Dallas relocation will really be worth it.
Other upsides of moving to Dallas
Even if you are pretty much convinced that moving to Dallas is the best decision you can make, there is always something new to do and see here, that will remind you that you are making a relocation of a lifetime. You will love it here, and here is why:
- The food here is excellent. One of the state’s signature dishes is Texas tacos. Every neighborhood has a favorite taco joint.
- It may surprise you that in Dallas there are no state or local personal income taxes. Unfortunately, property and sales taxes are usually higher in comparison to other states. Therefore, if you are preparing to buy your first home here, make sure to budget for higher property taxes so as to avoid suffering sticker shock.
- Sports lovers will be able to watch some of America’s best teams from the first rows. One of the best teams in the NBA, the Dallas Mavericks, is the pride and joy of this city. Moreover, five-time super bowl champions, the Dallas Cowboys, play in Arlington, located west of Dallas. Their home is AT&T Stadium, which also hosts amazing concerts.
As you see. Dallas is just perfect for everybody. If you want to have a lay-back, relaxed life in an amazing city, relocation to Dallas should be your final choice. You will love every single day you spend here. It’s going to be filled with fun events and amazing places you need to visit as soon as you have the time.
The downsides of moving to Dallas
In case you are thinking this is too good to be true and there must be something wrong with moving to Dallas, you’re right. Like any other place, this city has its flaws. But remember, what some people consider a downside, others consider a great feature, so this is completely up to you and your preferences.
If you are seriously considering moving to Dallas, you are not the only one. Around 300,000 US citizens moved here in 2017, making Dallas the nation’s fastest-growing city. Residential movers working in Dallas practically never sleep. This proves that the city is a great place to live in but does not make it any better. Due to high traffic congestion, Dallas can be hard to handle, despite numerous freeways. In addition to traffic, housing prices grow with the population. Other issues in the Dallas metro area include crime rates that are well above Texas average and the lack of green spaces.
But the thing is- every town and every city in the world have something that is just negative about them. There is no such thing as a perfect place. So, once you decide that you want to be relocating to Dallas, make sure you know all about the downsides so you can make the best decision. Dallas is really an amazing place for young, vibrant people that wat to have fun every day, that like art and sports and great fast food stores. If you decide that this might be the place for you, you will enjoy it every single day.
The cost of living in Dallas
This not an advantage nor a disadvantage. How much you’ll spend on a monthly basis and whether you’ll be able to afford it depends mostly on your habits and your income. Although Dallas is considered to be a little expensive (the cost of living is around 1% above the US average), there are more expensive cities in the country. If you do some research, you should be able to find the things you can afford. The monthly utilities for one person are approximately $100. A dinner for two costs around $40, sit-down lunch for one is around $14, while a meal at a fast-food joint cost $7-8.
So, moving to Dallas probably won’t be a great idea if you are jobless and don’t think you can’t afford it. But if you can save a bit and make sure you get the best and the most stable job you can as soon as you arrive, or even better before you do, you will have an amazing time here. You will enjoy every single day in this amazing place.
How to move to Dallas quickly and safely
No matter how much we look forward to moving to a new place, the hard work that moving involves never makes us happy. If you’re moving to Dallas soon, you know it’s not going to be easy. In case you have a deadline to meet, the moving stress is only going to get worse as the big day approaches. This is a time when you should take all the help you can get and the best kind of help is professional help. One of the first moving tasks on your list should be hiring a team of local or long distance movers from Texas. Having someone pack and transport your belongings will be an enormous weight off your shoulders.
All you need to do is make sure that you are moving to Dallas ready to start your best days ever. Make new friends, find a new home and a new job as soon as you can and you will love your new life right here.